Aims of the post
- To contact potential customers and present products and services in order;
- To obtain meetings for Reactec Account managers.
- To carry out market research to identify new markets and business opportunities.
- To provide administrative support as required.
The role of Telesales is vital to ensure the commercial success of the business. It is important that potential and existing clients, staff and other outside agencies are greeted in a warm, friendly, courteous and professional manner. You are responsible for keeping up to date records and developing management system data and diaries.
Duties will include:
- Cold-calling by telephone, identifying and contacting numerous potential clients daily
- Understanding and communicating up to date information on the products and services offered by Reactec
- Updating and maintaining the integrity of sales database, ensuring all calls are logged accurately, including contact details and any follow up dates or other action required
- Liaising with the sales team to pass on potential leads, manage diaries, checking that the necessary contact is then made by them and any requested action taken
- Generating new business
- Meeting and exceeding targets
- Receiving training on sales techniques
- Identifying sales opportunities and leads
- Arranging meetings for the sales team with potential customers to prospect for new business
- Challenging any objections with a view to persuading the contact to agree to a meeting
- Gaining a clear understanding of our customers' businesses and requirements
- Attending team meetings, training and sharing best practice with colleagues
- Maintaining a friendly and helpful attitude to clients, potential clients and staff and ensuring Reactec is always presented in a positive manner.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Courteous, professional and persistent
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Professional integrity with good general awareness
- Friendly and helpful
- Ability to multi-task
- Able to problem-solve
- Previous telesales experience
- IT literate including CRM databases
- Time management
- Ability to interpret information
- Planning & prioritising
- Good attention to detail
- Dynamic and innovative
- Hard worker, motivated, pro-active and enthusiastic
- Self-confident and resourceful
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills
- Positive outlook
- Good sense of humour
- Copes well under pressure
- Calm and methodical approach
- Keen to help out
- Keen to learn, receive training and share knowledge
Reactec developed the HAVmeter solution in 2005 as hi-tech yet practical vibration safety device to protect employees working with vibration tools against HAVS and to provide cost benefits to employers.
The HAVmeter accurately records workers’ exposure to vibration from power tools, providing employers with in-depth information about their vibration management – in order to meet strict HSE guidelines and minimise the risk of employees contracting vibration-related injuries. Through the solution’s capacity to monitor, collect data and report, the HAVmeter also provides data to help employers improve worker productivity and more effectively plan their tool allocation.
As of January 2013, more than 30,000 workers in the UK are now using the HAVmeter safety device. Major customers include Balfour Beatty, Aston martin, Tarmac, EDF Energy and the Environment Agency.
Reactec was formed in 2001 as a spin-out from Edinburgh University. Last year, the firm was recognised as one of the UK’s fastest growing technology firms in Britain by Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 Index.
Reactec is an equal opportunities employer.