What is Hand Arm Vibration (HAVS)?
There is no cure for HAVS, only prevention
2 million UK workers exposed to high levels*
300,000 suffering advanced stages*
You can develop HAVS within 6 months.
50% of all reported Occupational industrial diseases are HAVS related (HSE 2012)
*Medical Research Council
Greater support of HSE regulations
Design and measure the effectiveness of controls
- More accurate assessment of exposure.
- Unique information to help deploy the most effective measure of controls
- Helps educate and involve all duty holders.
- Measure the effectiveness of controls to aid design changes.
Better protect workers from HAVS risks
Continuous monitoring for
- Greater accuracy of exposure monitoring.
- Supports workers on reduced points.
- Highlights increased exposure from poor tool use or performance.
- Supervisor rapid intervention support with emailed reports & alerts
Robust defence against litigation
Instant access to accurate, historical
& auditable data
- Continuous monitoring provides conclusive exposure records.
- Instant access to data reduces preparation time.
- Reduced risk helps secure lowest insurance premiums.
How it works
Fully automated tracking & reporting
- Tool operators attach the HAVWEAR to their wrist or place the HAVMETER onto each tool during use to calculate vibration exposure points.
- At the end of a shift placing a HAVWEAR or HAVMETER onto a Docking/Basestation will transmit their data to the online Reactec reports website.
Employees with access can view allocated reports from a team, project to companywide reports 24/7.